Saturday, June 16, 2012

Shortbread cookies

My Dad loves shortbread cookies...he usually only gets them at Christmas time.  And although I am sure he would like to keep them all to himself, he always shares.  That's what I love about my dad.  He always gives what he can, even when its his most favorite cookie.  So for Father's Day I have attempted to make some shortbread cookies for him.  The recipe is undeniably simple and they turned out super cute.  So here's hoping he likes them!

 

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2-2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. Cream butter and brown sugar. Add 2 to 2 1/4 cups flour. Mix well.
  3. Sprinkle board with the remaining flour. Knead for 5 minutes, adding enough flour to make a soft dough. Roll to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut into 3x1 inch strips. Prick with fork and place on ungreased baking sheets.
  4. Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes.

 Here are my photos:







No comments:

Post a Comment