Monday, February 20, 2012

Pizza Sauce

Lately I have been on a home made pizza dough kick. I was gifted an Electric Stand Mixer for Christmas. I love it and love to make things with it. It has a great dough recipe---1 packet of yeast, 1 cup warm water, 2 1/2 cups of flour, 2 tsp olive oil, 2 tsp salt. Mix it all and then add an additional 1-1 1/2 cups of flour to it and knead for 2-3 minutes. Then it rises for an hour and then you move into the pizza topping phase. Anyhow, I usually have pizza sauce on hand...and today I didn't. I also do not keep tomato paste on hand (not something I am accustomed to using). I wanted to make pizza for dinner tonight (cheaper to eat at home). So here is my on the fly pizza sauce recipe:
1 can Italian Stewed tomatoes
1 small spoon full of minced garlic
1 pinch basil (or more I eyeballed it)
1 pinch oregano
1-2 tsp of olive oil.
Heat all ingredients in a saucepan on the stove top.
Once heated thoroughly pour into a blender (I don't own a fancy immersion blender) and blend until smooth.

We'll see what happens once the dough I made is proofed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment