I am always game for delicious and simple dessert. This recipe combines both and my husband loves it! So for Father's Day a yummy and quick sweet fix for you:
This is a Pampered Chef Recipe so the instructions make reference to their products---I will list what I used instead---you can find the original recipe here.
- I did not have any nuts so my recipe today does not include them
- If using a pie plate make sure its a deep dish--the biscuits will rise and make cause some bubbling over in the oven(found this out the hard way)
I peeled, cored, and sliced an additional apple as I have a helpful (curious and hungry) two year old. She was very keen on assisting me in testing the apples
What you’ll Need:
- 2 packages (7.5 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts
How to Prepare:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Separate biscuits. In Classic Batter Bowl (any bowl will do), microwave butter on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until melted. Combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip biscuits in butter; roll in sugar mixture. Arrange biscuits in an overlapping circular pattern in Deep Dish Baker(I used a pie plate).
- Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer Slicer (I peeled my apples and used a corer/slicer tool). Cut slices in half crosswise with Utility Knife (any knife). Place an apple slice between each biscuit and around outer edge of baker. Grate nuts using Deluxe Cheese Grater(any grater works) fitted with coarse grating drum. Mix nuts with any remaining sugar mixture; sprinkle over top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown. Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.
Yield: 10 servings or 20 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 12.5 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 50 mg, Fiber 1 g