Saturday, May 21, 2011

Banana Bread? Eh, what the Hell were you thinking?!… Banana bread--I apologize, I apologize again. As a token of forgiveness, please take this baby.


Marge: I know you have your hands full with the babies, so I made you some banana bread.
Apu: Hallelujah! All of our problems are solved! We have banana bread!

Some of you who watched the Simpsons will catch the above reference. Today I am baking banana bread and using my stockpile of Frozen Bananas I have only been in this house for 3 months and I already have a large stash of bananas. Perhaps my next entry to share will be about my Banana Tempura :)

A little History on the Banana Bread Loaf:

Banana bread first became a standard feature of American cookbooks with the popularization of baking soda and baking powder in the 1930s, and appears in Pillsbury's 1933 Balanced Recipes cookbook.[1] The origin of the first banana bread recipe is unknown, though some speculate it was originated in the 18th century by housewives experimenting with pearlash. The home baking revival of the 1960s and the simplicity of its recipe led to an explosion in banana bread's popularity.

I am only baking one loaf today and this is the first time I am baking with Cake Flour. I am hoping it turns out even better than loaves of the past.
****Update****

Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment