Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Meatloaf attempt #3- Muffins

Tonight I intend to prepare Meatloaf Muffins with Glazed Carrots served up with a side of homemade Mashed Potatoes.

This will be my third try at Meatloaf. I have been using a recipe from Paula Dean (love her) for Old Fashioned Meatloaf. I love the recipe but have not yet been able to execute it properly. The first time I made it the consistency was too moist. This may be because I used breadcrumbs instead of oatmeal as the original recipe called for. The second attempt yielded better results but the consistency was not perfect.

So this time I intend to combine the recipe from Paula Dean with one from Rachael Ray. She makes hers using a muffin tin to make mini loaves. I think this is a neat idea for leftovers. Also great for portion control.

I am doing glazed carrots as the side dish so I can use up my Fresh N Easy Find (see previous post).

Check back later this evening for the results and click the hyperlinks for the recipes I am using.

1 comment:

  1. I can hardly wait for the results!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete