Monday, February 22, 2010

Slower Cooker Chicken with Rosemary, Apples and Onions

While browsing the Foodnetwork for recipes I came across one for a slow cooker chicken. I decided to try it even though Robert has a strong disdain for onions. The only changes to the recipe I made was that I added two potatoes peeled and chopped, and I used a whole chicken. I cooked it for 6 hours on low, removed the chicken and broke it down into sections (legs, thigh, breast, wings, etc) and returned the chicken to the crock pot then cooked it for another hour. I intend to serve it over rice.

I think that this recipe would work better with pork and served over mashed potatoes or something. I do have an awesome recipe for pork loin that I will make this week and share with you all.

Here is the link to the recipe: slower cooker chicken

I will post pictures of the completed meal after we eat it tonight. Here's hoping it tastes as good as it smells!

No comments:

Post a Comment